Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

A NEW YEAR'S PRAYER

Dear Lord, please give me…


A few friends who understand me and remain my friends;

A work to do which has real value, without which the world would be the poorer;


A mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed;

An understanding heart; A sense of humor;


Time for quiet, silent meditation;


A feeling of the presence of God;

The patience to wait for the coming of these things, with the wisdom to recognize them when they come.Amen.


El Muralla

4 comments:

Peta Loma said...

El Muralla, thanks for the gems of wisdom

el Muralla said...

Likewise, Ms/Mr(?) Peta Loma, thanks a lot for your appreciation on some of my blogs. Its seems to me that you are the COOLest person on this blogsite... And to you, I give this COOL Quote from Brahma Kumaris:

DON'T LOOK DOWN UPON OTHERS!

At the time that you create a thought check and see if there is also the thought "I will try" or "I will do as much as possible", or ," others have these weaknesses also". If it is so, you are mixing sand in the foundation and that is why the foundation is not firm. IT IS VERY EASY TO LOOK AT OTHERS BUT IT TAKES EFFORT TO SEE THE SELF!

Jenny said...

Thanks for the thought-provoking prayer/poem: the seemingly simplicity evoked, but truly underscoring the complexity of the maturity and wisdom required to undergo the entire process.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AND GOOD TIDINGS FOR THE YEARS AHEAD!

??? said...

I received a greeting by phone which I will try to quote:

"May this new year 2010 be better than the best of 2009 and all the worst of 2009 be buried forever"

Not sure if I got it right.

Google